If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (920) 832-1110

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Home Fire in Appleton

This home fire started with a dehumidifier in the basement. This bathroom was on the second story of the house.  These pictures demonstrate just how far soot and smoke damage travel throughout a home. 

Many of us don't think of dehumidifiers as a fire hazard but we have actually seen quite a few home fires as the result of a dehumidifier.  As with any other electrical appliance in your home, dehumidifiers bring the risk of fire. They have numerous moving parts that generate significant amounts of heat, including motors, compressors and condensers. Dehumidifiers often run for long periods of time out of view in the basement, which amplifies the risk.  Don’t forget to clean and maintain your dehumidifier regularly according to the manufacturer’s directions.

This bathroom got an upgraded look as part of it's restoration.